1. You are stuck on a deserted island by yourself for one year with electricity and a record player. You are allowed one record album for each decade (70s, 80s, and 90s) to have and listen to over and over, which albums are with you?
70s: American Graffiti soundtrack (1973)
80s: Huey Lewis and The News - Sports (1983)
90s: Pearl Jam - Ten (1991)
2. If you believed in aliens, what do you want them to be most like - Close in Encounters of the Third Kind (1977), ET (1982), or Men In Black (1997)? Why?
Definitely Men In Black. I love the idea of aliens visiting our planet having to go through governmental regulations and customs. I am sure there would be some bad ones but they all can't be that way, right?
3. You are given a time traveling DeLorean that will allow you to go anywhere at anytime in the world. When and where are you going? Why?
Menlo Park, New Jersey, November 1879. I would love to meet Thomas Edison and see the result of thousands of trials for his invention. He has always fascinated me to have that kind of drive and determination to fail over and over again until he was successful with the working lightbulb. There is a lesson to be learned there.
4. What are some of your favorite retro candies?
Pop rocks, Big League Chew, Nerds, Blow Pops, and Reese's Pieces
5. Describe what Banzai Retro Club is to you.
It is to be a one stop shop for those looking for a fresh perspective on topics from the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s. We won't be a social media group that crams facts and figures about your favorite topics. Instead, we will talk from the heart about what is like to either have lived through it or what it is like to revisit those things that we either missed, loved, or hated and share with you our candid feelings. Those reading or listening may not always agree with our views or memories and we will encourage feedback and collaboration. We want this to be an open club and would love everyone to join us on this journey.
6. Why do you podcast and/or blog?
I have always wanted to be a professional writer but I have found that I had a knack for technology and have adapted a profession to supporting technology. It is a good living but doesn't provide the ability to flex creative muscles. I have discovered that podcasting gives me that opportunity to share my views and put new stuff out in the world and helps balance the cravings for a profession that I wanted but didn't pursue.
7. You are still stuck on that deserted island and you know have been given a VCR and allowed to bring with you all seasons of just one TV series for each decade (70s,80s, and 90s) what shows come with you?
80s: Star Trek: The Next Generation
90s: Mad About You
8. Which celebrities and/or retro icons (that are currently living) you would love to interview?
Lea Thompson, Ernie Cline, Mark Hamill, Steven Speilberg, and Joan Jett
9. Back on the deserted island, you get to bring 3 books with you from any time period, what books are with you?
a. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
b. Generation X by Douglas Coupland
c. Ready Player One by Ernie Cline
10. You are teaching kids about each decade (70s, 80s, and 90s) and you are asked to pick one movie for each decade that defines those 10 years. What one movie best represents each of these decades?
80s: The Breakfast Club
90s: Good Will Hunting